"You're wrong." His voice was almost inaudible.
“你错了。” 他的声音几乎听不见
He looked down, stealing my bottle lid and then spinning it on its side between his fingers.
他低下头,偷走了我的瓶盖并且在指尖旋转着它。
I stared at him, wondering why I didn't feel afraid. He meant what he was saying — that was obvious.
我盯着他,想知道为什么我不觉得害怕。他的意思是他说的已经很明显了。
But I just felt anxious, on edge… and, more than anything else, fascinated. The same way I always felt when I was near him.
但是,我只感到了急切的焦虑……还有,比任何感觉都要强烈的是,深深的着迷。当我在他身边的时候总是有这样的感觉。
The silence lasted until I noticed that the cafeteria was almost empty.
这样的沉默一直持续着,直到我意识到自助餐厅几乎都空了。
I jumped to my feet. "We're going to be late."
我先发话了。“我们要迟到了。”
"I'm not going to class today," he said, twirling the lid so fast it was just a blur.
“我今天不去上课,” 他说着,瓶盖在他的指间转得飞快,快得只剩下一个模糊的轮廓。
"Why not?"
“为什么?”
"It's healthy to ditch class now and then." He smiled up at me, but his eyes were still troubled.
“时不时的翘课还是挺健康的。” 他笑着看着我,但是他的眼中还是有着不安。
"Well, I'm going," I told him. I was far too big a coward to risk getting caught.
“好吧,我要去上课,” 我告诉他。我确实是个胆小鬼,所以我不敢承担万一被抓的风险。
He turned his attention back to his makeshift top. "I'll see you later, then."
他把注意力转回被他临时征用的瓶盖上:“那么,待会见。”