"What?"
“什么?”
"Your boyfriend seems to think I'm being unpleasant to you — he's debating whether or not to come break up our fight." He snickered again.
“你的男朋友看起来认为我惹到你了————他正在决定是不是要过来阻止我们的战斗。”他又一次笑了。
"I don't know who you're talking about," I said frostily. "But I'm sure you're wrong, anyway."
“我不知道你在说谁,” 我冷峻的说道。“但是我能确定无论如何你错了。”
"I'm not. I told you, most people are easy to read."
“我没有错。我告诉你,很多人心里想的都很容易看得出来。”
"Except me, of course."
“当然除了我。”
"Yes. Except for you." His mood shifted suddenly; his eyes turned brooding. "I wonder why that is."
“是的。除了你。” 他的很快转变了;他的眼睛又变得凶险。“我想知道为什么是这样。”
I had to look away from the intensity of his stare. I concentrated on unscrewing the lid of my lemonade. I took a swig, staring at the table without seeing it.
我不得不看向别的地方躲避他强烈的目光。我集中注意力去拧开我柠檬水的盖子。我喝了一大口,盯着桌子什么也不看。
"Aren't you hungry?" he asked, distracted.
“你还生气吗?” 他不经意问道。
"No." I didn't feel like mentioning that my stomach was already full — of butterflies. "You?" I looked at the empty table in front of him.
“没有。” 我没有感觉到我的肚子已经饱了——被气饱了。“你?”我看着他前面的空桌子说道。
"No, I'm not hungry." I didn't understand his expression — it looked like he was enjoying some private joke.
“没有,我不饿。”我没有理解他的意思————这就像他正享受一些私人的笑话。
"Can you do me a favor?" I asked after a second of hesitation.
“你能帮我个忙吗?” 在几秒钟的犹豫之后我问道。
He was suddenly wary. "That depends on what you want."
他突然警惕了起来。“这决定于你想要什么。”
"It's not much," I assured him.
“不是太难的事情,”我向他保证到。
He waited, guarded but curious.
他警惕又好奇的等着我说。