越狱Season 1-Episode 10: Sleight of Hand

时间:2024-01-07 21:44:38

Season 1, Episode 10: Sleight of Hand

-John: Bellick.

Bellick

What's going on?

这里发生什么了

-Berwick: That's pi.

pi=* industry: *工厂

那是做PI的人

-John: I run it.

run: 经营

我负责的

-Berwick: Not anymore you don't.

not anymore: 不再

不在是了,你不再管了

-John: Bellick.

Bellick

Hey, boss.

嘿,老大

-Berwick: Check that volume, inmate.

boss: [主美国英语](控制某一地区政治机构或党派的)首领,领袖,首脑,头子 check: 注意 volume: 声音 inmate: 犯人

小声点,犯人

-John: We been doing business too long. We can fix this thing, right?

business: 事情,事务 fix: 安排,修复

我们一起做事很久了我们可以解决的,对吧

Let's get something clear.

让我说明白

-Berwick: You and I have not done crap. Falzone's the one been paying me.

crap: 废话,垃圾 pay: 付钱

我们之间用不着胡扯 Falzone是给我钱的人

-John: Falzone is just an envelope.

Just: 仅仅是 envelope: 信封

Falzone就是一个信封

You've been doing business with me facetoface.

face-to-face: 面对面的

你和我面对面的做这生意

-Berwick: You think I like getting piss thrown at me?

piss : 撒尿

你想我被别人撒尿

Spit on?

还是吐口水

These other chumps might do it for the 40 grand a year and the little blue uniform,

chump: 笨蛋 might: 或许 grand: 1000美金 uniform: 制服

这里别的笨蛋也许会为了4万一年和那件小蓝制服这么做

but I'm not that dumb.

dumb: 愚蠢的

但是我不会

Falzone's envelope is the only reason I come through that fence every day.

reason: 原因 fence: 围墙

Falzone的那信是我每天在这的唯一原因

And it's the only reason I'm gonna keep coming through that fence

gonna=going to: 将要

也是我要出去的唯一原因

until I have enough money to buy that house on lake gray.

until: 直到 enough: 足够 lake: 湖 gray: 灰色

直到我有足够的钱买下湖边的房子

I'm thinking early retirement, John,

early: 提早 retirement: 退休

我想早点退休 John

and you're interfering with that.

interfere: 妨碍

可是你却在阻止我

-John: Hey, boss, just give me some time, boss,

嘿老大给我点时间老板

and I can match whatever Falzone's paying you.

match: 和...相一致 whatever: 不论什么

我可以给你Falzone给你的任何东西

-Berwick: You're out of business.

你出局了

Get used to it.

学着适应吧

-John: Hey, boss.

嘿老大

Boss!

老大

They're gonna find it.

他们就要找到它了

The longer they're in there,

longer: 越久

只要他们在里面越长的时间

the sooner they're gonna find it.

sooner: 更快

他们就会越快的发现

-Michael: Then we got to get back in there.

那我们就要回到那

-John: I'm gonna say something crazy to you right now.

crazy: 疯狂的

我现在要告诉你一些疯狂的事

-Michael: Surprise, surprise

surprise: 惊讶

惊讶啊

-John: I don't give a damn about Fibonacci anymore.

anymore: 不再

我再也不管Fibonacci了

-Michael: You're right. That is crazy.

的确,这的确很疯狂

-John: Because I got bigger things to think about, like survival

survival: 生存

因为我有更重要的事情要考虑比如说活下去

You see, I'm kind of short on friends in here,

你知道我在这里的朋友变少了

in case you have not noticed.

notice: 注意

除非你没有注意

I need to get out. Right now

我要离开这里现在

While I still got my life

while: 当…的时候

我还有我的生活

-Michael: Then why are we talking about Fibonacci?

那我们为什么说Fibonacci

-John: Well, the only way I can get that room back

是这样,我弄回那间房子的唯一办法

is if I can prove to Falzone that I'm still worthy,

prove: 证明 worthy: 有价值的

就是向 Falzone证明我还有用

that I still got what it takes. Yeah?

我还有他想要的东西

And the only way I can do that is if I can give him Fibonacci.

那我唯一可以做的就是我可以给他 Fibonacci

-Michael: Interesting.

interesting: 有趣的

有意思

-John: You see, this is not a "me versus you" thing anymore.

versus: 对决

你看这里再也没有我VS你了

This is us, an "us" thing, all right?

就只有我们对吧

It's us for the escape.

escape: 逃亡

是我们要逃出去

-Michael: Is it?

是吧

Or is this about you getting back in good with the mob again?

mob: 暴徒

或者是关于你回去和那些暴民一起的好处

-John: That life is over for me, fish.

over: 结束的 fish: *里的新人

那种不在是我的生活了雏儿

I mean, they clipped my wings.

clip: 剪掉 wing: 翅膀

我的意思是他们折断了我的翅膀

They want me to rot in here.

rot: 腐烂

他们要我在这里腐烂

So I got no allegiance to them anymore.

allegiance: 忠诚

我和他们再也不是联盟了

-Michael: Yet you still want to do them a favor.

favor: 好意,帮助

而你却还想帮他们

-John: Falzone is desperate.

desperate: 绝望的

Falzone绝望了

You see, if Fibonacci testifies in front of the congress next month,

testify: 作证 congress: 国会,回忆

你看,如果Fibonacci下个月在法院作证

Falzone's going to go down in flames.

flame: 火焰

Falzone就完蛋了

But if we give him Fibonacci,

但是如果我们给他Fibonacci

He will give us anything

他会给我们任何东西

anything including that very special room.

including: 包括 very: 就是那个 special: 特别的

任何东西包括那一个特别房间

What do you say, fish?

你怎么想,雏儿

-Reverend: "And the lord said unto Satan,

lord: 主 unto=to: 连接词 Satan: 撒旦,魔鬼

主对撒旦说

'has thou considered my servant, job,

Thou=you consider: 考虑 servant: 仆人

你愿意服从于我吗

'that there is none like him in the earth,

none: 没有人 earth: 地球

这世界上没有象他一样

'a perfect and an upright man,

perfect: 完美的 upright: 正直的

是完美正直的人

one that fears god and shuns evil.'"

fear: 敬畏 shun: 憎恶 evil: 邪恶

一个敬畏上帝憎恶邪恶的人

-Burrows:Give him up.

kill: 杀

放弃他如果我这样,

-Michael: If I do, they'll kill him.

他们会杀了他

-Burrows:Maybe he deserves it.

deserve: 应得获得

也许这是他的报应就是这点,

-Michael: That's just it, he doesn't.

不是

-Burrows: Who is this guy? You told me he was mafia.

guy: (男)人,家伙 mafia: 黑手党

这个人是谁你告诉我他是个黑手党

-Michael: He was working for the mafia, he just didn't know it.

他为黑手党干只是自己不知道

Otto Fibonacci is...

Otto Fibonacci 是...

is just like you.

就象你一样

An innocent man

innocent: 无辜的

一个无辜的人

Caught in the wrong place at the wrong time

catch: 抓住,逮捕

在错误的时间错误的地点被抓住

- Nicky: What are you doing...?

你在干什么

You know...

你知道的

I didn't steal from you, John.

steal: 偷

我没有偷你的东西John

-Michael: He was middle management at one of Abruzzi’s warehouses.

management: 管理人员 warehouse: 仓库

他是Abruzzi仓库的一个中间管理者

Just a normal guy

normal: 普通

只是一个普通的人

Working class, religious

class: 阶级,阶层 religious: 信教的,宗教的

工人阶级,教徒

- Nicky: I didn't steal from you, John!

我没有偷你的东西John

-John:  Hey, Nicky. Nicky, Nicky, Nicky

嘿 Nicky, Nicky, Nicky, Nicky

Shh, shh, shh.

嘘嘘嘘

what did I tell you about talking?

我是怎么告诉你说话要注意的

- Nicky: John, please.

John 求你了

John, please! No!

John, 求你了,不

-Michael: And somebody that could not turn his back on murder

murder: 谋杀

那人不会面对谋杀而置之不理

He realized that Abruzzi and Falzone the men he worked for—

realize: 意识到

他发现Abruzzi 和 Falzone 他一起工作的人

were killers.

killer: 杀人者

是杀人凶手

And he had the key to all their dealings.

key: 钥匙,线索 dealing: 交易

他有他们所做一切的证据

Things that could put them away for life

可以让他们蹲一辈子*的东西

And now he's in witness protection for life.

witness: 证人 protection: 保护

现在他处于证人保护中

The judge asked him why he was coming forward with all this information.

judge: 法官 information: 信息

法官问他为什么要站出来

He said it was because he thought it was the right thing to do.

他说他认为这是正确的

-Burrows: What's the right thing to do now, Michael?

现在什么是正确的Michael

-Michael: I don't know.

我不知道

But if I don't give him up,

但是如果我不放弃他

this whole thing's over.

whole: 整个的

整件事就完了

-Burrows:What you are telling me is, if...

你告诉我的,如果

if I'm to live...

我要活着

-Michael: a good man has to die.

一个好人就要死

-Kellerman: Kellerman.

Kellerman

-Caroline: You're in the place we discussed?

discuss: 讨论

你们已经在我们约定的地方了?

-Kellerman: Yes.

是的

I'm still not exactly sure why we're here, but...

exactly: 完全地,确切地

我还是不确定我们为什么在这

-Caroline: a friend of mine should be along there shortly.

shortly: 不久,立刻

一个我的朋友一会会来

-Kellerman: A friend?

一个朋友?

-Caroline: Just to see where you are with things.

只是去了解你们的进展

-Kellerman: I think we're clear on where we are with things. Everything's under control.

任何事都在控制当中

Nothing is going to affect tomorrow,

affect: 影响

没有什么会影响明天

if that's what you're worried about.

worry: 担心

如果那是你所担心的

-Caroline: I'm not worried about tomorrow.

我没有担心明天

My friend is a problem solver, that's all.

solver: 解算机 solve: 解决

我的朋友是个解决问题的就是这样

He's there at your disposal if you need him.

disposal: 支配权,控制权

如果你需要他他就为你效劳

Do me a favor.

帮我个忙

Make him feel like part of the team, hmm?

让他觉得自己是这个组的一部分可以么

Talk soon.

一会再说

- Danny: What?

什么

-Kellerman: She's bring someone in.

他带了某个人进来

- Danny: What does that mean?

tone: 口气,语气

这是什么意思

-Kellerman: Something in her tone changed.

她的口气变了

- Danny: You think she knows about the kid?

kid: 孩子

你认为她知道那个小子么

-Kellerman: We don't know that.

我们不知道

- Danny: We shouldn't have lied.

lie: 说谎

我们不应该撒谎的

Shouldn't have told her we had the kid.

我们不应该告诉她我们抓住了那个小子.

-Kellerman: What is it you don't understand?

难道你不明白吗

We tell her that kid got away, you and I, we are not here right now.

我们如果告诉他那小子跑了你我,我们现在就不在这了

- Danny: I swear to god, it just get deeper and deeper.

swear: 发誓 deeper: 更深

我对上帝发誓,这只会让我们越陷越深

-Kellerman: What is that supposed to mean?

mean: 意味着

这是什么意思

- Danny: It means if I would have known that this is how this whole thing was gonna turn out,

如果我知道整件事到现在的地步

I would've gotten some crap job with the feds.

crap: 垃圾 fed: [美国俚语]联邦*

我决不会做联邦*的垃圾活

Push pencils, drink coffee all day long behind a desk.

拿着笔,喝这咖啡,整天坐在办公桌边

God, that sounds good.

sound: 听起来

上帝,听起来不错

-Kellerman: Keep talking like that, I'm gonna be forced to put a bullet in your head.

bullet: 子弹

如果你还是这么说话我会*杀了你

as for her friend,

作为她的朋友

whoever that is,

whoever: 无论是谁

不管怎么样

we find out what he wants, we play nice,

play: 假装

我们找到他要的我们装的很乖

we deal with it accordingly.

accordingly: [通常用于句末]照着(做,办等);相应地

我们看情况办事

-Fernando: Michael, you better see this.

Michael 你最好来看看这个

hey, jersey.

嘿 jersey

Putting that carpet in the guard's room?

carpet: 毯子  guard: 警卫

把那个毛毯放到警卫室里么?

- jersey: Yeah. Think so.

是的我想是的

-Fernando: When?

什么时候?

- jersey: Got to tear up the old stuff first

stuff: 东西

先把旧的撕碎

Soon as we're done with that

然后我们就换

Tonight. Tomorrow maybe

可能是今晚或者明天

-Fernando: They're gonna find it, bro.

兄弟他们会发现的

They're gonna find the hole.

hole: 洞

他们会发现这个洞

We got to do something.

我们要做些什么

- Louis: Linc.

Linc

Chow.

chow: [美国俚语]进餐时间

吃饭

-Burrows:What's this?

这个是什么?

- Louis: It's for, uh, you know, your last meal.

last: 最后的 meal: 一餐

这个嘛你的最后晚餐

Write down what you want.

写下你想要的东西

Linc, you gotta write something down.

gotta=have got to: 必须

Linc 你要写些东西

-Burrows:I don't gotta do nothing.

我什么也不想要

- Louis: you don't fill it out,

你不填

all they're gonna give you is what's on chow for that day.

他们给你吃的是普通东西

-Burrows: So?

那又怎样?

- Louis: You don't want that for your last meal, do you, man?

伙计你不想最后一餐吃这个是吧

Hmm?

嗯?

In case you think of something.

(东西放着了)万一你想起什么

-Franklin: Hey, eyetie.

tie: 带子

嘿戴眼罩的

Something you need there, rughead?

rughead: 冒犯的方式称呼黑人类似nigger

你那里需要什么 rughead?

-Franklin: Yeah, a job, man.

是啊一份工作伙计

- Jelly: why don't you hit the dq down the street. We aren't hiring.

hire: 雇佣

为什么你不把牢底打穿我们不雇人

-Franklin: I'll put a hundred in your kick, every month.

kick: [俚语]袋;钱包

我每个月会给你一张百元大钞

- Jelly: You want to pay me to work?

你想给我钱来雇你?

-Franklin: Man, I have been in the kitchen for eight months.

kitchen: 厨房

伙计我在厨房呆过8个月

I scrub one more tray,

scrub: 擦洗 tray: 盘,碟

我擦过不只一个盘子

I'm gonna go jcat, you know what I'm saying?

jcat=psychotic breakdown: 精神错乱的崩溃

我准备去jcat你知道我说的是什么么?

- Shearing: Hey! Fiorello, how about it?

嘿 Fiorello 怎么了?

- Jelly: one fifty.

150

-Franklin: Sign me up then, baby.

sign up: 签约雇佣,签字参加

那么算我一个

-Michael: I was thinking about what you said.

我正在想你所说的

That it's not a "me versus you" thing.

这不是什么“你我对决”

It's an "us" thing.

这是“我们”的事

-John: That's right.

-Michael: How far are you willing to go with that?

willing: 愿意的

这件事上你准备走多远

-John: As far as I have to.

我需要走多远就多远

-Michael: Then set up a meeting with Falzone.

meeting: 会面

那么和Falzone约一下

I want to talk to him directly.

directly: 直接地

我想直接跟他谈谈

-John: Falzone doesn't talk to guys like you directly.

Falzone不直接跟你这种人谈

-Michael: If he wants Fibonacci, he’s gonna have to.

如果他想要Fibonacci 他就会跟我谈的

-John: No, no!

不不

No, you heard me right.

不你听见我说的了

– Philly: You're telling me this kid is gonna give up Fibonacci?

你说你要把这个孩子会放弃Fibonacci?

You are sure?

sure: 确定

你确定?

-John: Definitely only one thing

definitely: 肯定地

当然只是

He wants to meet with you directly.

他想直接和你见面

– Philly: Son of a bitch, you actually did something right, John.

bitch: 母狗,婊子 actually: 的确

婊子养的,John你做的对

That's good. Guess I'm gonna have to call off those guys I hired to shank you.

guess: 认为 shank: 有时形容自制的刀尤其是*里的俚语这里指找*里的人用*里自制的刀对付John

好吧我想我应该跟那些要打断你腿的人一个电话了

That was a joke, John.

joke: 笑话

开完笑的 John

-John: Funny.

呵呵

– Philly: Good. I'll come out there this afternoon.

好吧我下午会去那里

And John

John 听着

if I come all the way out there,

如果我大老远的跑到那里

and this turns out to be a waste of my time,

waste: 浪费

而事实证明这是浪费我的时间

I'm gonna castrate you.

castrate: 阉割

我要阉了你

I hope you understand that.

understand: 理解

我希望你理解

Be well, my friend.

保重兄弟

-John: I love you, too.

我也爱你

He's coming.

他一会过来

Don't mess this up.

别搞砸了

-Nika: Hello?

你好

-Michael: It's me.

是我

-Nika: I know.

我知道

I saw "inmate" on the caller id.

inmate: 囚犯

我看见“狱友”的号码

-Michael: Remember when I said I might be calling you on Fibonacci?

might: 或许

记得我说过要你给Fibonacci打电话?

-Nika: Yes.

记得

-Michael:  Well... it's time.

it's time: 是时候了

好吧现在是时候了

-Sarah: You seem distracted.

你看起来心神不宁

-Michael:  Got a lot on my mind, I guess.

mind: 头脑

我猜很多东西在我脑子里

-Sarah: Yeah?

是么?

Got anything to do with the people who took these toes?

toe: 脚趾

与那些拿了这些脚趾的人有关么?

-Michael: Nice flowers.

花很漂亮

-Sarah: Right.

是的

-Michael: Do we have an admirer?

admirer: 爱慕者

我们有崇拜者么?

-Sarah: They're from my father.

我父亲给的

-Michael: Ah... what's the occasion?

occasion: 场合

哦为什么送的?

-Sarah: It's my birthday.

我的生日

-Michael: Today

今天?

Happy birthday

生日快乐

-Sarah: Thank you.

谢谢

-Michael: okay

好吧

Nothing

没什么

Birthdays are not usually a sore subject, that's all.

usually: 通常 sore: 悲伤的 subject: 话题

生日通常不是什么痛苦的话题是吧

Unless the celebrant is feeling her age,

unless: 除非 celebrant: 庆祝者 age: 年龄

除非庆祝者想到她的年龄

which I don't see how you could be.

这一点我在你身上看不出

-Sarah: I'm 29 years old, Michael. I'm not feeling my age.

Michael 我29岁了我没有觉得自己变老

It's just that out of those 29 birthdays,

不过是29个生日罢了

my father has actually managed to see me on precisely... six of them.

actually: 实际上 precisely: 精确地

我的爸爸实际上就和我呆了6个生日

So... I get flowers instead.

instead: 代替

因此取而代之就给我买了一些花

Flowers that end up dead and in the trash a week later

trash: 垃圾

花儿最后都会枯死的一个礼拜后就会被丢到垃圾桶里

That sounded bitter, huh?

sound: 听起来 bitter: 痛苦地

听起来很伤感是么?

-Michael: Kind of.

有点

-Sarah:It's not that big a deal.

deal: 事情

没什么大不了的

You are all set. I will see you tomorrow.

好了明天见

Okay.

好吧

-Michael: I'm sorry you feel that way.

我很抱歉你那么想

About the flowers, I mean.

我是说花儿的事

- Jelly: Somebody get on this.

有些人就是这样

I want these in the other room.

我想把这些放到其他房间

-Franklin: I got it, boss.

我来干老板

Chill, lily white, I got it.

chill=cool: 冷静下来

躲开小白脸我干了

Come on, I know you're around here somewhere.

来吧我知道你在附近

-Nike: He's not doing well, is he?

他看上去不怎么好?

-Veronica:Just lost his mother

lost: 失去

他的妈妈刚去世

Ten days from now, he loses his father.

from now: 从现在起

10天后他会失去他的父亲

-Nike: How are you holding up?

你怎么样?

You know, I, uh...

你知道我

I sort of get what you're going through here, LJ.

我有点明白你最近的心情 LJ

No disrespect, but I don't know that you do.

disrespect: 无礼

没有冒犯的意思我不认为你能理解

No, with my dad

我理解你, 我爸爸也有同样遭遇

I was in the same spot when I was your age.

spot: [口语]处境,(尤指)困境

我像你这么大的时候也跟你同样的处境

He was in *.

他进了*

And like your dad, he was innocent.

innocent: 无辜的

就像你爸爸一样,他也是清白的

What happened?

怎么了?

I mean, you know, at the end.

end: 结束,最后

我是说,最后

What I hope happens here.

就像我现在希望发生的

He got exonerated.

exonerate: 确定无罪

他后来被证明无罪

What'd they say he did?

他们说他干了什么?

A lot of bad things

一大堆的坏事

They were not true.

都不是真的

And we proved that.

prove: 证明

我们证明了这点

Every day, every day was a lost cause...

每一天,每一天都要面临失败...

but we kept fighting.

fight: 斗争

但我们还是要一直斗争

I mean, what else are you gonna do?

我是说,不然还能去干什么?

When you love somebody, you gonna let them go out like that?

如果你爱一个人你会任由他落得那样的下场吗?

So you fight.

所以你要斗争

You keep fighting.

一直斗争

You never give up.

never: 永不

决不放弃

We're gonna beat this thing.

beat: 战胜打败

我们会成功的

Okay?

对不对?

-Kellerman: Hello

你好

- Quinn Hello

你好

You were expecting me.

expect: 期待

你在等我拜访

A mutual friend arranged the...

mutual: 共同的 arrange: 安排

一个我们共同的朋友安排的...

-Kellerman: yes.

是的

- Quinn: You mind if I...

mind: 介意

我能不能...

-Kellerman: please.

请吧

- Quinn: Hey, how are...

嘿,你好...

-Kellerman: I'm sorry, I didn't get your name.

不好意思,我还不知道你叫什么

- Quinn: Quinn.

Quinn

-Kellerman: Mr. Quinn, mind telling us what you're doing here?

Quinn先生你能告诉我你是来干什么的吗?

- Quinn: You can probably tell just by looking at me,

probably: 大概 tell: 辨明

你看我的样子应该能看出来了

I'm not a wave-making sort.

wave-making: 惹事生非

我不是那种惹事生非的人

Just think of me as a supervisor,

supervisor: 监督人

你就把我当作一个监督员好了

here to make sure things are under control, as we approach,

approach: 临近

来确保所有事情都顺利因为...

you know, the big event.

event: 事件

那个, 大事情要来了

-Kellerman: I wasn't aware that things are out of control.

aware: 注意到,知道

我倒觉得事情都挺顺利的

- Quinn: You would be the one that would know, would not you?

你最清楚不过了,不是吗?

well, the reason I'm here is because there's a discrepancy

reason: 原因 discrepancy: 不符合,差异,相差

其实,我来这里的原因是你们所知道的事情

between what you know, and what you've said to the vice president.

between: 位于(两点)之间 vice: 副 president: 总统

和你们告诉副总统的并不相符

The lawyers you tried to blow up, they're still running around,

lawyer: 律师

你们想要解决掉的律师他们现在还安然无恙

healthy as thoroughbreds. You know it, I know it.

healthy: 健康的

还是活蹦乱跳的你们知道,我也知道

Same thing goes with the kid,

那个小孩也一样

Who you were silly enough to tell the old lady that you were actually in possession of

silly: 愚蠢的 enough: 足够 possession: 拥有占有

你们真是愚蠢至极居然告诉副总统你们已经把小孩捉到了

Everything that I'm saying is boiling down to this.

boil: 沸腾

我要说的事情可以归结为

You got to hand the reins over to me now,

rein: 控制权

你们现在得把控制权转交我

so that I can save your ass.

这样我才能帮你们

First of all...

首先...

-Kellerman: no!

不!

- Quinn: See? Now you made me make a wave.

wave: 波浪,风波

瞧? 现在是你逼我动手

you and your partner are off the job until further notice.

partner: 搭档 until: 直到 notice: 通知

你跟你的搭档现在被停职什么时候复职另行通知

That doesn't come from me, doesn't come from the white house,

这不是我的命令,也不是白宫的命令

it comes from the company, understand?

company: 公司

是公司的命令,明白了吗?

Your proximal and middle phalanx are broken.

proximal: 近身体*的 phalanx: 趾骨 break: 折断

你的指骨断了两根

Ice it for 45 minutes, then splint it—

ice: 冰敷 splint: 夹板

用冰敷45分钟,然后用夹板固定

that's what a doctor would tell you to do,

医生会这样跟你说

so you don't need to go see one.

所以你现在没必要再去找医生了

-Nike: Ecofield’s sec filings?

filings: 文件

Ecofield公司的SEC档案?

-Veronica: Terrence Steadman was murdered

murder: 谋杀

Terrence Steadman被杀了

so the information from his indictment wouldn't be made public, right?

information: 信息 indictment: 控告  public: 公开的

那么控告他的诉讼文件就应该被公开对不对?

-Nike: Sure, but since it never saw the light of day,

since: 从…至今

当然是,但是到现在还没有被公开

we have no way of knowing what they were trying to cover up.

cover: 遮盖

我们不可能知道他们到底想掩盖什么

-Veronica: Steadman's wife said there were hundreds of millions of dollars at stake if her husband went down,

millions: 百万 stake: 赌注

Steadman的妻子说如果他丈夫垮了公司会损失上亿美元

so I figure we follow the money, and see where it takes us

figure: 认为

所以我想沿着钱的线索去找看看会找到什么

-Nike: $109 million.

1.09亿美元

$212 million...

2.12亿美元...

-Veronica: over half a billion dollars

over: 超过billion: 十亿

我目前为止发现

that I have found so far in federal grants to EcoField for alternative fuel research.

federal: 联邦* grant: 拨款 alternative: 替代的 fuel: 燃料 research: 研发

超过5亿美元的联邦*拨款用于Ecofield公司的代用燃料研发

-Nike: That is a hell of a lot of money.

真是好大一笔钱

-Veronica: But for what

但用来干什么了?

Not only did the company never make a profit.

profit: 利润make a profit: 盈利

不仅仅说公司没创造利润

As far as I could tell, they never made anything.

据我所知,他们没做出任何东西

No fuel cells, no patents, no findings nothing.

fuel: 燃料 cell: 电池 patent: 专利 findings: 发现

没有燃料电池,没有专利,没有新发现什么都没有

-Veronica: So EcoField was a sham, it was a cover?

sham: 伪装用的罩

那么Ecofield公司是假的,只是个掩饰?

-Veronica: Question is, for what?

问题在于,为了什么?

-John: Philly

Philly

– Philly: Sit down, kid.

坐下,孩子

So... Fibonacci

那么... Fibonacci

How'd you find him?

homework: 家庭作业

怎么能找到他?

-Michael: Did my homework

做做功课

– Philly: You get elliptical with me for one more second,

elliptical: (语言)拐弯抹角的

你再跟我打哈哈

and I will cancel you.

cancel: 取消

我就取消交易

You understand me?

明白吗?

-T-Bag: Give it up, fish.

配合一点,雏儿

-Michael: Before someone's transferred to the U.S. Marshall Service to be placed in witness protection,

transfer: 转交,转移 service: 公共部门 witness: 目击者,证人  protection: 保护

在证人被转交给美国Marshall部门保护之前

they're guarded by a local sheriff from the county where the trial will take place.

guard: 看管 local: 当地的 sheriff: 警长 county: 郡 trial: 审讯

他们在审判所在地由警长看管

Sheriff Solomon, please.

请接Solomon警长

-operator: Please hold.

请稍等

- Solomon: Andrew Solomon here

我是Andrew Solomon

-Michael: If the sheriff was available,

available: 可获得的

既然这个警长能接电话

then he wasn't the one guarding Fibonacci.

guard: 看管,看守

那肯定不是看管Fibonacci的那个

-operator: Putnam county sheriff's office

Putnam郡警长办公室

-Michael: Yeah, is, uh, sheriff Pronzo there?

呃,Pronzo警长在吗?

-operator: I'm sorry, sheriff Pronzo is on vacation.

vacation: 假期

对不起,Pronzo警长去度假了

-Michael: Really?

真的?

-operator: Yes, sir

是的,先生

-Michael: There were only four sheriffs in the county.

整个郡只有4个警长

And since Pronzo was the only one who wasn't in his office,

since: 因为

因为Pronzo是唯一不在自己办公室的

and his wife and kids were waiting for him at home,

而且他妻子和孩子都没跟他一起去度假

I knew the only vacation he was taking was with Fibonacci.

所以我知道他肯定是在跟Fibonacci一起度假

– Philly: Watching him until they could put him in protection

protection: 保护

看守他直到转交保护

-Michael: Thing is, sometimes it takes weeks for the Marshall Service to set up a new  identity.

identity: 身份

问题是,有时狱警部门要花好几个星期才能建立新ID

So some local sheriff is stuck in the middle of nowhere with Fibonacci.

local: 当地的 nowhere: 偏僻的地方

所有某地方警长就跟Fibonacci 呆在什么偏僻的地方

He gets lonely and calls home... a lot.

lonely: 孤独

他觉得孤独,然后不断的打电话回家

I called the phone company, said I was Pronzo and I had lost my bill.

bill: 帐单,票据

我打电话到通信公司说我是Pronzo,我把账单弄丢了

I asked for another copy.

copy: 拷贝,副本

我要求多要一份

Seems Mrs. Pronzo was receiving dozens of calls from an area code a long way from Chicago.

receive: 接到 dozen: 很多 area: 地区

发现Pronzo太太接过很多次的电话都是从一个远离芝加哥的地方

I went online, reversetraced the number, and voil,

online: 在线,上网 reverse: 相反的 trace: 追查 voil: 瞧

我上网去,反查这个电话号码,然后

there was Fibonacci’s exact location.

exact: 确切的 location: 地址

就发现了Fibonacci所在的地址

– Philly: How do you know he's still there?

你怎么知道他还在那?

-Michael: I have someone looking after him...

我叫人跟踪他...

watching from afar, in case he moves.

afar: 遥远地

远远地监视,怕他搬走了

– Philly: This is about money, isn't it?

你是想要钱,是不是?

-Michael: You're an astute man, Mr. Falzone.

astute: 精明的,机敏的

你真是善解人意,Falzone先生

-John: What?

什么?

– Philly: Your friend here, John, is trying to extort me.

extort: 敲诈

John,你的朋友想敲诈我

-Michael: Not extortion, insurance.

extortion: 强取,敲诈 insurance: 保险

不是敲诈,是保险费

I plan on being out of here one day.

plan: 计划

我打算有一天要逃出这里

And I don't think my new resume is gonna cut it in most places.

resume: 简历  gonna=going to: 将会

我不希望到时我的简历在大部分地方被拒绝

– Philly: How much?

你要多少?

-Michael: $200,000.

20万美元

-John: I'm gonna kill you.

我要杀了我

-Michael: Quid pro quo

等价物

You scratch my back, I scratch yours.

scratch: 挠痒

我们各得所需

-John: Well, I'll give you some quid pro quo.

好吧, 我给你些等价物

-Michael: Where did you get this?

你从哪弄来的?

Who took this picture?

这张照片是谁拍的?

-John: Well, since you took it upon yourself to have some people watching over our interests onthe outside,

interest: 令人感兴趣的人

既然你能让人在外面监视我们感兴趣的人

we took it upon ourselves to have some people watching over yours.

我们也能让人监视你感兴趣的人

So who's it gonna be?

那么你要哪个?

Fibonacci or your pretty little girlfriend there

pretty: 漂亮的

Fibonacci还是你这个漂亮的女朋友?

Yeah, you should be careful with who visits you in here, fish.

careful: 小心 visit: 探视

嘿,看看你在跟谁说话,雏儿

These walls have eyes.

不要乱说话

-Michael: If you touch her, I'll kill you myself.

如果你敢碰她我会亲手杀了你

-John: One, that is an empty threat

threat: 威胁

第一这是一个无力的威胁

– Philly: You are less than a gnat to me.

less than: 少于 gnat: 小昆虫

你对我来说连个虫子都不如

And two, all you got to do is give me the address

第二把地址给我

and we avoid all this melodrama all together.

avoid: 避免 melodrama: 戏剧性事件

我们将各自避免一场闹剧

The address, you gnat

address: 地址

给我地址你这只虫子

Now.

就现在!

-Michael: Promise me.

promise: 答应我

答应我

Promise me it'll be quick and painless.

painless: 无痛的

答应我下手快点不要让他太痛苦

– Philly: Do you believe this guy?

-这家伙脑子有问题吧?

-Michael: Promise me.

-答应我

– Philly: The next thing that comes out of your mouth that's not that address,

如果接下来从你嘴里吐出来的不是地址

there's gonna be a lot of pain... in a lot of places.

很多人...都会受到伤害的

-Michael: Canada.

加拿大

345 Hamilton Avenue

avenue: 大街

Hamilton 大街345号

Thunder bay, Ontario.

bay: 海湾

安大略湖 Thunder湾

– Philly: Get out of here.

你可以滚了

Nice work, John.

做得很好 John

I guess the demise of John Abruzzi was greatly exaggerated.

demise: 死亡  greatly: 很,非常 exaggerated: 夸张

我想把我们的John Abruzzi 处死未免太夸张了

-John: Thank you, I appreciate it.

appreciate: 感激

多谢我很感激

Could you do me a favor and fix this Bellick thing for me?

fix: 安排,理好

你能不能帮我把Bellick的事摆平?

– Philly: Consider it done.

consider: 考虑

没问题

-John: Thank you.

多谢

And Philly, before you pull the trigger,

trigger: 扳机

Philly 在你开枪前

look that son of a bitch in his eyes and tell him John Abruzzi said goodbye.

看着那杂种的眼睛替我向他道别

[Montgomery, Illinois]

蒙加马利伊利诺伊

-Caroline: "In the race toward worldwide peace and prosperity, America will set the pace."

race: 竞赛 worldwide: 全世界的 peace: 和平 prosperity: 繁荣 pace: 速度,步伐

"在通往世界和平和繁荣的竞争中美国将始终处于领先"

"Race"

"竞争"?

Rat race Arms race

rat: 老鼠 arm: 武器

你死我活武力竞争

Can you think of a word with a worse connotation?

worse: 更糟的  connotation: (词的)涵义

你能想出一个更槽的词吗?

Fix it.

搞定它

-Kellerman: Did you send me a babysitter?

send: 送给

你帮我请了个保姆?

-Caroline: This is not the time or the place.

现在谈这个不是时候

-Kellerman: This is the time and the place.

tone: 口气

现在不是时候什么时候才是?

-Caroline: Don't take that tone with me.

别用那种口气跟我说话

Remember who you are talking to.

看看你在和谁说话

I am the vice president of this country.

country: 国家

我是这个国家的副总统

-Kellerman: No, actually, you're Caroline Reynolds from Montgomery, Illinois.

actually: 事实上

不,事实上你是来自伊利诺伊蒙加马利的Caroline Reynolds

I know exactly who you are.

exactly: 准确地,确切地

我知道你是谁

-Caroline: Come with me.

跟我来

There is something you need to understand.

有些事情你必须清楚...

If you had done your job,

如果你完成了你的工作...

I never would have had to ask for Quinn.

我也不会让Quinn来帮忙

-Kellerman: And there's something you need to understand.

understand: 理解

你也要弄明白一些事情

You woke a sleeping beast when you called these guys in.

wake: 唤醒 sleeping: 睡着的 beast: 野兽

你把这些家伙招来就等于唤醒了一头野兽

They have a bigger agenda than any of us.

agenda: 动机

他们的手段多得很...

And they get real nasty real quick if things don't go their way.

nasty: 肮脏的,下流的

他们会用尽一切办法达到目的

So now, no one is safe.

到那时没人是安全的了

Not you.

你不是

Not me.

我也不是

-Caroline: Let's not overreact.

overreact: 反应过度

不要反应过度

I mean, I know everyone is nervous about tomorrow.

nervous: 紧张的

我的意思是每个人都对将来感到恐惧

I understand that.

我了解

But the one thing both of us have to remember

both: 两者

但我们都要记得的一件事是...

is that we are in this together, okay?

我们是一条船上的对吗?

-Kellerman: All I'm saying is these guys are into this thing now.

我所要说的是现在这些家伙介入到这件事里了

And there's no going back.

这已经无法挽回了

That's bad news for everyone.

对任何人这都是一个坏消息

- Quinn: Sebastian Balfour?

Sebastian Balfour?

- Sebastian:  Yeah? Yeah,

-是的,怎么?

- Quinn: I'm Nestor Pollack.

我是 Nestor Pollack.

Midwestern life and casualty

Midwestern: 美国中西部的

中西部人寿保险公司

- Sebastian: I'm already covered.

cover: 对…进行保险

我已经参保其他公司了

Thanks.

多谢

- Quinn: Oh, no, I'm here to discuss Veronica Donovan.

discuss: 谈论

哦,不,我来这想了解一下 Veronica Donovan的情况

What about her?

她怎么了?

Well, we have been trying to track her down

恩,我们试过联系她...

with respect to the property damage from the apartment explosion.

property: 财产  damage: 损害 apartment: 公寓  explosion: 爆炸

因为公寓爆炸的财产损失...

- Sebastian: Explosion

爆炸?

- Quinn: You didn't know.

你不知道?

Oh, I'm sorry.

哦对不起

It's just that her records list you as her fiancé?

record: 记录登记 fiancé: 未婚夫

她的记录上说你是他的未婚夫...

So I assumed... hold on.

assume: 认为

所以我想..... 等等

- Sebastian: Is veronica okay?

fatality: 不幸

veronica现在还好吗?

- Sebastian: Well, there has been a fatality.

恩有些不幸发生

no, but the medical examiners haven't been able to identify the...

identify: 鉴定

别误会事实上法医说死者的身份...

remains with any certainty.

remain: 仍然 remains: 残余 certainty: 确定

还有待确认

So veronica could be okay, we just can't find her.

所以veronica应该没事我们只是找不到她

We were hoping you could help.

我们希望你能提供一些帮助

[It's LJ, I'm with Veronica I'm ok, I love you I love you]

我是LJ 和Veronica在一起我很好我爱你我爱你

- Louis: Rozz.

Rozz.

Reese.

Reese.

Burrows.

Burrows.

-Burrows: Blueberry pancakes, huh?

blueberry: 蓝莓 pancake: 薄煎饼

蓝莓薄煎饼?

- Louis: All right, man, you got it.

很好伙计,我给你去弄

Blueberry pancakes.

蓝莓薄煎饼

[From Sebastian]

Veronica. Are you out there? If you are out there I am worried

Veronica.你从那逃出来了吗? 我很担心你

-Veronica: I'm fine

我没事

- Sebastian: Thank god. Where are you?

谢天谢地, 你在哪?

-Veronica: can't say. Have to go. Goodbye

不能说我得下了再见

– Philly: this is it.

就是这里了

All right, that's it, kids. Time for bed.

好了孩子们该睡觉了

-Fibonacci: Give me a kiss.

亲一下

You okay, down there?

下面那个还好吧?

Night night

晚安

-Fibonacci’s wife : All right, sweetheart, give me a kiss.

sweetheart: 宝贝,亲爱的

好了亲爱的亲一个

-Fibonacci: Kids are down.

孩子们都睡下了

-Fibonacci’s wife : Thanks.

多谢

– Philly: Tonight, we send a message, gentlemen.

gentlemen: 先生,绅士

今晚我们是来送信的先生们

We are gonna hurt him and his family the way he hurt ours.

hurt: 伤害

我们要让他看看伤害家人是什么感受

-Fibonacci’s wife : Oh, honey?

honey: 蜂蜜,宝贝

哦,亲爱的?

-Fibonacci: Yeah.

恩.

-Fibonacci’swife : Um, can you change the timer on the sprinkler while you're out there?

sprinkler: 洒水器 timer: 定时器

你出去的时候顺便调一下洒水器的定时开关好吗?

-Fibonacci: Oh, okay.

好的

Love ya.

爱你.

-Fibonacci’swife : Love you, too.

我也爱你

-police: Freeze! Drop it!

freeze: 不要动

放下枪! 你们已经被包围了!

police! Drop your weapon!

drop: 放下 weapon: 武器

警察!放下武器!

I said drop it!

我说了放下枪!

down!

趴下!

[evision of quality service approved]

quality: 品质 service: 服务 approve: 认可,核准

堪萨斯托皮卡论坛报

-John: hi. It's John.

喂,我是John

You wanted to talk to me?

你找我有事?

-man: Yeah You hear the news?

是的,你看到新闻了吗

Falzone got popped last night up in Canada.

pop: 逮捕

Falzone昨晚在加拿大被抓了

International gun charges

international: 国际的 charge: 罪名,加罪

非法持枪过境

Parole violation

parole: 保释 violation: 违反

无权保释

He's in deep.

他麻烦大了

-Michael: You threw away your flowers.

你把花都扔了

-Sarah: Yeah, like I said, they don't last.

last: 持久

是的就象我说的那样它们不能长久

-Michael: I don't think they're dead yet.

我想它们还没枯呢

-Sarah: I don't like getting attached to things if I know they won't last.

我不喜欢接触不能长久的东西

There you go.

按住

-Michael: Why are you so cynical?

cynical: 愤世嫉俗的

你为什么这样世故

-Sarah: Michael, I think there's cynicism, and then there's realism.

cynicism: 愤世嫉俗 realism: 现实主义

我想都和世故还有现实有关

-Michael: And there's optimism,

optimism: 乐观主义

但还有乐观主义

hope. Faith

faith: 信念

希望,信念

-Sarah: This coming from an eighttoed guy locked away in a penitentiary.

toed: 有趾的 lock: 关闭,监禁 penitentiary: *

从一个关在牢里8个脚趾囚犯口中说出来?

-Michael: Mm, toes are overrated.

overrate: 高估

已经没那么多了脚趾了

-Sarah: Thank you for trying to make me smile.

谢谢你逗我开心

Not today.

今天没心情

-Michael: You never know.

不一定噢

-Sarah: We're all set.

好了

-John: You and I have a lot to talk about, don't we, fish?

我们有很多要谈雏儿

Seems Philly Falzone ran into some problem up in Canada.

似乎Falzone在加拿大遇上麻烦了啊

Just because of the information you gave him.

都是因为你给的消息

-Michael: What kind of trouble?

什么麻烦

-John: International gun charges, parole violation.

international: 国际的,国家间的

非法持枪过境无权保释

He's gonna go away for a long time.

他要消失一阵子了

-Michael: How would you feel about that?

你觉得怎么样呢?

-John: Pretty darn good

真他妈太好了

-Michael: And what about pi

pi=* industry: *工厂

pi怎么办?

-John: Got that back, too

我又负责了

Falzone paid Bellick yesterday, so we're good for now.

Falzone昨天把钱给Bellick了现在暂时处境不错

-Michael: It all worked out.

问题都解决了?

-John: Sure did.

当然

-Michael: Nicely done.

干的好

You're a hell of an actor.

actor: 男演员

你真会演戏

-John: Thank you.

多谢夸奖

Well, this helped.

这个派上用场了

It's nice.

不错

Nice shot.

shot: 拍摄

拍的不错

Where did you take it?

从哪找来的

-Michael: It's Lincoln’s, from back in the day.

Lincoln的,白天要的

Camping trip or something

camp: 露营 trip: 旅行

露营时照的

So, when do we get back in that room?

那么我们什么时候回去开工

-John: Right away

马上

-Michael: Well, let's get to it.

好那就准备开始吧

-John: oh, there's one more thing.

对了还有件事

You are going to give me Fibonacci once we're outside of these walls, right?

我们出去后你会把Fibonacci交给我对吧?

-Michael: Of course

当然

-John: Thank you.

谢谢

But I think I'll keep this.

我看我还是要把它留下

As insurance

insurance: 保险

以防万一

-Burrows: More juice

juice: 果汁

还要果汁吗?

- L.J: Why can't we have breakfast every day?

breakfast: 早餐

为什么我们不能每天吃早饭

-Burrows: You should have breakfast every day, LJ.

你必须每天都吃,LJ.

It's an important meal.

早餐很重要

- L.J: No. Why can't I have breakfast with you every day?

我是说为什么我们不能每天在一起吃早饭

-Burrows: Nothing would make me happier,

这样已经很不错了

but, uh, your mommy and me

但你妈妈和我

we don't live together anymore.

我们不住在一起了

- L.J: Why?

为什么

-Burrows: Well, um, sometimes that happens with mommies and daddies.

有时爸爸妈妈之间会就是这样的

But you know what?

知道吗?

You're the luckiest boy in the world,

你是世界上最幸运的孩子了

because your mommy loves you very much,

因为你妈妈很爱你

and I love you very much.

我也很爱你

New deal how about every Sunday,

每个星期天...

we have our own special breakfast,

special: 特别的

我们俩都可以一起吃最特别的早餐

just you and me?

就你和我,怎么样?

Yeah?

好吗?

- L.J: Yeah.

-Burrows: Little bit or a hand full

要一点还是一把(蓝莓)

- L.J: Hand full.

一把

-Burrows: Hand full.

一把

Here we go.

开始做了

- Jelly: take a walk.

闪一边去

-John: Anyone else want to walk with him?

谁想和他一起走?

yeah.

好的

This is my game.

这里我说了算

-Westmoreland: Looks like our friend got his throne back.

throne: 王座

看来我们的朋友又恢复地位了啊

Looks like it.

好象是的

Something tells me we may have you to thank for that.

我感觉这和你有关

-Michael: You don't want to know.

你不会想知道的

-Westmoreland: You got that right.

说对了

-Franklin: Stretch your legs, old head.

stretch: 伸展

走开老头

now, we got to have us a lot to talk about, don't we?

看来我们之间有很多事要谈是吧

-Michael: I got nothing to say.

没什么好谈的

-Franklin: you think you can play me, snowflake?

snowflake: 雪花这里讽刺白人

你以为你能耍我白小子?

because you got college?

因为你上过几年学?

Big school learning, huh

有学问了?

Well, let me school you.

让我来教你

Darwin wins inside these walls.

在这围墙里达尔文说了算(优胜劣汰)

Not Einstein, Darwin.

不是爱因斯坦是达尔文

-CO: Yard time's over, ladies.

yard: 庭院,院子

放风时间结束了小子们

Let's line it up.

集合

-Franklin: I'm not done with you, fish.

我们之间还没完呢

-Michael: You never even got started.

你连开始的机会都没有

-Burrows: all right.

好了

-Michael: we're through the hard part.

我们已经打通最硬的部分了

Another 18 inches, we'll hit that pipe.

inch: 英寸 pipe: 管道

再来18英寸,我们就挖到管道了

We'll be there by Friday.

我们星期五就能挖到

-Fernando: Friday?

星期五?

-Michael: Better start making travel arrangements.

travel: 旅行 arrangement: 安排

最好开始准备旅行了

-Fernando: Maricruz, here I come, baby.

Maricruz 我要来了宝贝

-John: Sardinia, here I come.

撒丁岛我来了

-Burrows: Where are we going?

我们去哪里?

-Michael: Panama.

*

-Burrows: Panama.

*

-Michael: Panama.

*

Darien gap, south of the canal

gap: 缺口;峡谷,山口 canal: 运河

达里安运河南部

No roads, no electricity,

electricity: 电

没有公路电力

no cops.

cop: 警察

没有警察

Nothing but white sand beaches and ice cold beer

sand: 沙子 beach: 海滩

只有白色的沙滩和冰冻的啤酒

-Burrows: Well, that's nice, but what about our lives?

这很不错但我们的余生会怎样?

-Michael: I don't know.

我不知道

We'll open a scuba shop.

scuba: 水中呼吸器

或者开潜水用品店

-Burrows: Hey, I don't dive.

dive: 潜水

我不会潜水

-Michael: Neither do I, but we'll have plenty of time to learn.

我也不会但我们有很多时间去学

-T-Bag: Bulls.

bull: 警察,*看守

老大来了

-Berwick: This con says he's on the job in here.

con: [美国俚语]罪犯,囚犯

这家伙说他也在这里干活

-John: No, I don't think so.

我想不是这么回事

-Berwick: You heard the paisan.

Paisan: (意大利人或者美籍意人)伙计,同胞

听到了吧

-Franklin: Move your ass. C.O., Hold on one minute.

ass: 屁股

给我出去长官等一等

Now, you sure about that

你肯定没搞错?

Now, you sure you can't use an extra hand?

extra: 额外的

你确定不需要人帮忙?

-John: You know anything about construction?

construction: 建造

你对结构的东西懂多少?

-Franklin: Concrete is my specialty.

specialty: 专长,特长 concrete: 混凝土

混凝土结构是我的专长

Can you dig it?

dig: 刻苦钻研

你懂吗?

-John: Okay, boss.

好吧,长官

Sign him up.

我要他

-Berwick: You got it.

随便你

-Franklin: All right, looks like Darwin wins after all, hey, fish?

这果然是一个弱肉强食的世界对吗雏儿?

-Nike: I have a lot of dots, but no way to connect them.

dot: 点 connect: 联系

有太多疑点没法联系在一起

Nobody's getting rich here.

这里没人因此暴富

-Veronica: What about shareholders?

shareholders: 股东

那些股东们呢

-Nike: Oh, profits were minimal, and they were all converted back to shares.

profit: 利润 minimal: 最低限度的 convert: 转变 share: 股份

好处不多,最终都要纳入董事会的支配之下

-Veronica: Looks like they subcontracted out some research and development,

subcontract: 转包

似乎他们把一些研究和发展项目转包了出去

but it's pennies in the grand scheme of things.

pennies: 小钱 grand: 重大的 scheme: 计划,方案

但这些只是蝇头小利

Nobody was pulling early retirement.

retirement: 退休

没人提早退休

-Nike: You can't hide $500 million just by moving a few decimal points.

hide: 隐藏 decimal: 十进制的

你不能移几个小数点就让5亿元消声匿迹

-Journalist: In a move anticipated by many pundits,

anticipate: 预期  pundit: 学者,博学之人

就像学者预期的那样

Vice President Reynolds announced she is running for the Presidency.

announce: 宣布 run: 角逐 presidency: 总统竞选

副总统Reynolds 日前宣布将会角逐总统选举

She made the announcement from her hometown of Montgomery, Illinois.

announcement: 公告,宣告 hometown: 家乡

在家乡伊利诺斯州蒙哥马利的演讲上她作出如下声明

-Caroline: The move toward worldwide peace and prosperity is a marathon, not a sprint.

worldwide: 全世界的 peace: 和平 prosperity: 繁荣 Marathon: 马拉松长跑;持久的活动(或事件) sprint: 短跑

迈向世界和平和经济繁荣的步伐注定是长期的不可一蹴而就

But I assure you, America will be setting the pace.

assure: 保证

但我保证美国将会领导世界的发展

-Veronica: Money like that just doesn't disappear, Nick. You could run a small country with that.

disappear: 消失

5亿美元的用处可大着呢支撑一个小国都绰绰有余了

-Journalist: The Vice President is reported to have the largest campaign war chest in history.

reported: 据报道的 campaign: 竞选

据报道副总统背后有有史以来最大的竞选资本支持

It is so large, in fact, that prognosticators are already casting her as the favorite in the presidential race.

prognosticator: 预兆,预测 cast: 投票 presidential: 总统的

因为竞选金额巨大她被视为最有可能当选的总统候选人

-Nike: Maybe not a small country

也许不是用在小国身上

Maybe this one

是最大的这个