My chin raised a fraction.
我的下巴抬起来了一点。
我略微抬起下颚。
"No, she did not send me here. I sent myself."
不是,我不是被送来这里的,是我自己要来的。
His eyebrows knit together.
他的眉毛同时皱了。
他颦起眉头。“
"I don't understand," he admitted, and he seemed unnecessarily frustrated by that fact.
“我不明白”他承认到,他看起来不必要知道事实的挫折。
我不明白。”他坦白道,看上去被这个事实深深地挫败了,而且有些过头。
I sighed. Why was I explaining this to him? He continued to stare at me with obvious curiosity.
我叹气。为什么我要想他解释呢?他继续盯着我看以一种很显然的好奇心。
"She stayed with me at first, but she missed him. It made her unhappy… so I decided it was time to spend some quality time with Charlie."
“她一开始和我在一起,但是她想念他。这让她不开心。。所以我决定是时候花一段时间和查理斯生活了。”
“刚开始她留下来陪我,但她很想念他,所以很不快乐……所以我觉得是时候和查理一起好过日子了。”我说着,声音沉了下去。
My voice was glum by the time I finished.
当我说完的时候我的语气很阴沉。
"But now you're unhappy," he pointed out.
“但是现在你不开心了”他指出
"And?" I challenged.
“然后呢?”我反问道
"That doesn't seem fair."
“这看起来不公平”
He shrugged, but his eyes were still intense.
他耸耸肩,但是他的目光一直很强烈。
“这好像不太公平。”他耸耸肩,但眼神依然紧绷。
I laughed without humor.
我没有幽默的笑了。
我干笑着。
"Hasn't anyone ever told you? Life isn't fair."
“没有任何人告诉你吗?生活本来就是不公平的。”
"I believe I have heard that somewhere before," he agreed dryly.
“我相信我曾经在别的地方听到过”他枯燥的同意到。
“我相信我曾经在某处听过这句话。”他冷冷地说道。
"So that's all," I insisted, wondering why he was still staring at methat way.
“所以这就是所有了”我坚持到,好奇为什么他仍然用那种方式盯着我看。
“所以,说完了。”我坚持着,想知道为什么他还在用那种眼神盯着我。