Chapter 4 Invitations——12

时间:2022-07-25 19:42:29

"I don't know what you mean," I said, my voice guarded.

“我不知道你什么意思”我声音谨慎地说道。

"It's better if we're not friends," he explained. "Trust me."

“如果我们不是朋友更好”他解释道“相信我”

My eyes narrowed. I'd heard that before.

我眯了眯我的眼睛。我曾经听到过这样的话。

"It's too bad you didn't figure that out earlier," I hissed through my teeth. "You could have saved yourself all this regret."

“你没有早点发现这件事真的悲哀”我从牙齿中挤出这几句。“你本来可以把自己从这种后悔中拯救出来的。”

"Regret?" The word, and my tone, obviously caught him off guard. "Regret for what?"

“后悔?”这个字眼,还有我的语气,显然让他失去了警惕心。“后悔什么?”

"For not just letting that stupid van squish me."

“没有让那傻瓜的卡车压扁我”

He was astonished. He stared at me in disbelief.

他很惊讶。难以置信的盯着我。

When he finally spoke, he almost sounded mad. "You think I regret saving your life?"

最后他几乎愤怒的说道“你认为我救了你的命我会遗憾?”

"I know you do," I snapped.

“我认为你会的”我嚷嚷道。

"You don't know anything." He was definitely mad.

“你什么都不知道”他已经完全生气了。

I turned my head sharply away from him, clenching my jaw against all the wild accusations I wanted to hurl at him.

我马上把我的头转开,磨着我的牙齿让野蛮的感觉不让我辱骂他。

I gathered my books together, then stood and walked to the door.

我把书叠到一起,然后站起来走出了门。

I meant to sweep dramatically out of the room, but of course I caught the toe of my boot on the door jamb and dropped my books.

我想要快速的走出门去,但是我的鞋子撞到了门框然后书掉了。

I stood there for a moment, thinking about leaving them.

我在那站了一会,考虑要不要不管它了。

Then I sighed and bent to pick them up. He was there; he'd already stacked them into a pile.

叹了口气还是弯腰捡了起来。他在那里已经把书堆成了一堆。

He handed them to me, his face hard.

他把书递给我,脸上还是冷冰冰的。