"Are you going all by yourself?" he asked, and I couldn't tell if he was suspicious I had a secret boyfriend or just worried about car trouble.
“你是准备一个人去吗?”他问道,我不能确定他是怀疑我有一个秘密的男友还是只是担心车子的问题。
"Yes."
“是的”
"Seattle is a big city — you could get lost," he fretted.
“Seattle是一个大城市——你可能会迷路,”他担心道。
"Dad, Phoenix is five times the size of Seattle — and I can read a map, don't worry about it."
“爸,Phoenix是Seattle五倍那么大——并且我可以看地图,别担心”
"Do you want me to come with you?"
“你想让我陪你去吗?”
I tried to be crafty as I hid my horror.
我尝试狡猾的隐藏我的恐惧
"That's all right, Dad, I'll probably just be in dressing rooms all day — very boring."
“当然,爸,我可能只是在卖衣服的店里一整天——很无聊的。”
"Oh, okay." The thought of sitting in women's clothing stores for any period of time immediately put him off.
“哦,好吧。”坐在卖女装的商店里一段时间的想让让他立刻退缩了。
"Thanks." I smiled at him.
“谢谢”我笑着对他说。
"Will you be back in time for the dance?"
“你将会准时回来参加舞会吗?”
Grrr. Only in a town this small would a father know when the high school dances were.
emmm。只有在这样小的城镇里一个父亲才会知道高校什么时候会有舞会。
"No — I don't dance, Dad." He, of all people, should understand that — I didn't get my balance problems from my mother.
“不——我不会跳舞,爸。”他应该比其他所有人都明白一件事——我没有从我妈妈那里遗传平衡问题。
He did understand. "Oh, that's right," he realized.
他明白了。“哦,那好吧,”他也意识到了什么。