【每日跟读】常用英语500句(400~500)

时间:2024-03-31 08:24:19

在这里插入图片描述

【每日跟读】常用英语500句

Where can I buy a ticket? 在哪里能买到票?

When is the next train? 下趟火车什么时候到?

Thank you so much for helping me move yesterday. 非常感谢你昨天帮我搬家

I’m feeling a little under the weather today. 我今天感觉有点不舒服。

Could I have a moment of your time? 我能占用你一点时间吗?

Make yourself at home. 请不要拘礼。

My car needs washing. 我的车需要洗一洗。

None of your business! 与你无关!

Not a sound was heard 一点声音也没有。

That’s always the case. 习以为常了。

———410———

The road divides here 这条路在这里分岔。

Those are watermelons. 那些是西瓜。

What a nice day it is! 今天天气真好!

What’s wrong with you? 你哪里不对劲?

You are a chicken. 你是个胆小鬼。

A lovely day, isn’t it? 好天气,是吗?

He is collecting money. 他在筹集资金。

He was born in New York. 他出生在纽约。

He was not a bit tired. 他一点也不累。

I will be more careful. 我会小心一些的,

———420———

I will never forget it. 我会记着的。

It is just what I need. 这正是我所需要的。

It rather surprised me. 那事使我颇感惊讶。

Just around the comer. 就在附近。

Just for entertainment. 只是为了消遣一下。

Let bygones be bygones. 过去的,就让它过去吧。

Mother doesn’t make up. 妈妈不化妆。

Oh,you are kidding me. 哦,你别拿我开玩笑了。

She has been to school 她上学去了。

Skating is interesting. 滑冰很有趣。

———430———

Supper is ready at six. 晚餐六点钟就好了。

That’s a terrific idea! 真是好主意!

What horrible weather! 这鬼天气!

Which would you prefer? 你要选哪个?

Does she like ice-cream? 她喜欢吃冰淇淋吗?

First come first served. 先到先得。

Great minds think alike. 英雄所见略同。

He has a sense of humor. 他有幽默感。

He is acting an old man. 他正扮演一个老人。

He is looking for a job. 他正在找工作。

———440———

He doesn’t care about me. 他并不在乎我。

I develop films myself. 我自己冲洗照片。

I felt no regret for it. 对这件事我不觉得后悔。

I get up at six o’clock. 我六点起床。

I meet the boss himself. 我见到了老板本人。

I owe you for my dinner 我欠你晚餐的钱。

I really enjoyed myself. 我玩得很开心。

I’m fed up with my work! 我对工作烦死了!

It’s no use complaining 发牢骚没什么用。

She’s under the weather. 她心情不好。

———450———

The child sobbed sadly. 小孩伤心地抽泣着。

The rumor had no basis. 那谣言没有根据。

They praised him highly. 他们大大地表扬了他。

Winter is a cold season 冬天是一个,寒冷的季节。

You can call me any time. 你可以随时打电话给我。

All for one,one for all. 我为人人,人人为我。

East,west,home is best. 金窝,银窝,不如自己的草窝。

He grasped both my hands 他紧握住我的双手。

He is physically mature. 他身体己发育成熟。

I am so sorry about this 对此我非常抱歉(遗憾)。

———460———

I can’t afford a new car. 我买不起一部新车。

I do want to see him now. 我现在确实很想去见他。

I have the right to know 我有权知道。

I heard some one laughing 我听见有人在笑。

I suppose you dance much. 我想你常常跳舞吧。

I walked across the park. 我穿过了公园。

I’ll just play it by ear. 我到时随机应变。

I’m not sure I can do it. 恐怕这事我干不了。

I’m not used to drinking. 我不习惯喝酒。

Is the cut still painful? 伤口还在痛吗?

———470———

It’s too good to be true! 好得难以置信。

Jean is a blue-eyed girl. 珍是个蓝眼睛的女孩。

Let’s not waste our time. 咱们别浪费时间了。

May I ask some questions? 我可以问几个问题吗?

Money is not everything. 金钱不是一切。

Neither of the men spoke. 两个人都没说过话。

Stop making such a noise. 别吵了。

That makes no difference. 没什么区别。

The price is reasonable. 价格还算合理。

They crowned him king. 他们拥立他为国王。

———480———

They’re in red and white 他们穿着红白相间的衣服。

We all desire happiness 我们都想要幸福。

We just caught the plane 我们刚好赶上了飞机。

What shall we do tonight? 我们今天晚上去干点儿什么呢?

What’s your goal in life? 你的人生目标是什么?

When was the house built? 这幢房子是什么时候建造的?

Why did you stay at home? 为什么呆在家里?

You mustn’t aim too high 你不可好高骛远。

You’re really killing me! 真是笑死我了!

You’ve got a point there. 你说得挺有道理的。

———490———

Being criticized is awful! 被人批评真是痛苦!

Did you enter the contest? 你参加比赛了吗?

Do you accept credit cards? 你们收信用卡吗?

Don’t cry over spilled milk. 不要做无益的后悔。

Don’t let chances pass by. 不要让机遇从我们身边溜走。

He owned himself defeated. 他承认自己失败了。

He seems at little nervous. 他显得有点紧张。

He strolls about the town. 他在镇上四处遛达。

How about a drink tonight? 今晚喝一杯怎样?

Wake me up at five thirty. 请在五点半叫醒我。

We are all busy with work. 我们都忙于工作。

生句加强

That’s always the case

“That’s always the case” is an English expression that means “that is always the situation” or “that is always how it is.” It indicates that a certain situation or pattern is consistently true or recurring.

Examples in English:

“That’s always the case with new employees; they need time to adjust.”
“Unfortunately, that’s always the case when dealing with bureaucracy.”

Translation to Chinese:

“新员工总是这样,他们需要时间来适应。”
“不幸的是,与官僚机构打交道时总是这样。”

This expression is often used to comment on a recurring or consistent pattern, either to express annoyance, resignation, or simply to state a fact. It suggests that there is no easy fix or deviation from the norm.

All for one, one for all

“All for one, one for all” is a French expression that translates to “人人为我,我为人人” in Chinese. It embodies the spirit of unity and mutual support, emphasizing that everyone contributes to the group and the group supports each individual. This expression underscores the importance of collective effort and sacrifice for the common good.

Examples in English:

“As musketeers, we stand by the motto ‘All for one, one for all’ – we are all in this together.”
“The success of our team is based on the principle of ‘All for one, one for all’ – we help each other achieve our goals.”

Translation to Chinese:

“作为火枪手,我们秉承‘人人为我,我为人人’的信条——我们共同进退。”
“我们团队的成功基于‘人人为我,我为人人’的原则——我们互相帮助实现目标。”

This expression is often invoked in situations where teamwork and collective effort are crucial, highlighting the importance of unity and mutual support in achieving shared goals. It encourages individuals to prioritize the welfare of the group and to contribute their best for the overall success.

I’ll just play it by ear

“I’ll just play it by ear” is an English expression that means to rely on one’s instincts or improvisation to handle a situation, rather than following a pre-planned strategy or relying on specific instructions. It suggests that one will adapt and respond flexibly based on what is happening around them.

Examples in English:

“I’ve never been to this city before, so I’ll just play it by ear and figure out where to go.”
“The project is changing so rapidly, we’ll just have to play it by ear and adjust our plans as needed.”

Translation to Chinese:

“我之前从没来过这个城市,所以我会随机应变,看看该去哪里。”
“项目变化得太快了,我们只好随机应变,根据需要调整计划。”

This expression implies a willingness to be flexible and spontaneous in the face of uncertainty or changing conditions. It suggests that one is confident enough to rely on their own abilities and instincts to navigate new or unexpected situations.

You mustn’t aim too high

“You mustn’t aim too high” is an English expression that means one should not set their goals or expectations too high, as it may lead to disappointment or failure. It suggests that setting realistic and achievable goals is more beneficial than aiming for something that may be unreachable.

Examples in English:

“You mustn’t aim too high in your career; it’s important to set realistic goals.”
“Don’t aim too high with your first project; start small and build from there.”

Translation to Chinese:

“你在事业上不要目标定得太高;设定现实的目标很重要。”
“你的第一个项目不要目标定得太高;从小事做起,慢慢发展。”

This expression is often used as a cautionary advice,提醒人们要根据自身实际情况和能力来设定目标,避免因为目标过高而带来的挫败感和失望。 It encourages a balanced approach to goal-setting, where dreams and aspirations are tempered with realism and practicality.